Therapeutic massage differs from relaxation massage. It can be just as relaxing, but the end goal of the session or series of sessions is to promote healing to soft tissue disorders such as back pain, tension headaches, frozen shoulder, sciatica, plantar fasciitis and more.
Jenny is certified in the following modalities and uses them in combination to achieve the best results for you.
- Myofascial Release
- Thai Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Tui Na, Chinese Medical Massage
- Hot/Cold Therapy
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Bio Magnetic Therapy
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- It eases pain and can lessen the amount of prescription medication being taken.
- It improves athletic performance releasing tension in soft tissue, allowing for better mobility and quicker recovery.
- It counteracts sitting at the desk and it brings balance back to the postural stress felt throughout the body.
- It helps to manage stress and promotes health and well being back to the body.
- For pregnant women it helps soothe the changing body every step of the way. Available in second and third trimester.
- It boosts the lymphatic system creating stronger immunity, greater circulation and less stagnation.
- It can ease feelings of anxiety and depression by releasing hormones that promote calmness.
Pre and Post Massage Tips
Massage therapy is no longer considered a luxury. It can be just as important as healthy eating, exercise and a good nights sleep To achieve your maximum benefits and to get the most of your sessions:
- Hydrate: It is always recommended to hydrate plenty the day before, of and after any body work treatment.
- Nutrition: It is not recommended eating 2 hours prior to a session. Try to eat food full of nutritional value and stay away from processed foods, refined sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Rest: Try to take it easy after any body work session. It's not always possible in todays busy lives, but try to schedule on a day you can rest. This allows the body to heal quicker without staying in the "fight or flight" mode.
- Homework: There may be suggestions made to you so you can continue your progress at home. These can determine how quickly you will repair.
It is common to feel run down, experience flu-like symptoms, or have soreness after a therapeutic massage. Treat your body with kindness and love. This is just a step to a healthier you!